Good morning, all! The newest recipe is a request that my nephew made. He mentioned seeing Belgian red velvet waffles online and asked if I could make them so he could try them out. I love me some red velvet anything so obviously I had to oblige. So here we are! Belgian Red Velvet Waffles, they were amazing super easy to make, and it made a ton of waffles. We added some blueberries that offset the richness and added some tart. They were delicious and did not disappoint plus it fed my very large family.
Here are my ingredients.
Note the texture and color. You can always add more red coloring if you want your waffles to be extra red.
The finished product. Warm, rich, and delicious!
Belgian Red Velvet Waffles
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total: 25 minutes
Amount: 15 waffles
- 1 box of Belgian waffle mix
- Cinnamon to taste
- 5 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 3 tablespoons of red food coloring
- 2 ½ vanilla
- ¼ cup of butter milk
- 2 cups of water
- 1 egg
- Toppings (optional) – blueberries, chocolate chips, bananas, strawberries, etc.
- Mix your dry ingredients together
- Mix in your wet ingredients
- Spoon your batter into your waffle maker
- Plate and add optional toppings
[…] Breakfast Casserole — Hungry Pandas […]