Hello y’all! Today’s recipe is for steak. When I cook steak, I don’t want to pull the grill out and do all the things. So, I opt to us my cast iron skillet. These are a god sent they had such amazing flavor and the more you use them the better they get. Anyways so when I cook steak for my fiancé and myself, I use the cast iron skillet. This recipe is very simple I am aware you can get way into the weeds when it comes to preparing steaks, but I believe simple is better. If you have a good cut of meat you don’t need to over season them. Besides I want to enjoy the favor of the steak not mask it.
Cast Iron Steak
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
Total: 20 minutes
Amount: 6 servings
- 3 steaks (your choice of cut)
- Onion powder
- Fresh garlic
- Olive oil
- First prep your steaks, coat them in salt and let them sit for 5 minutes. This step allows the salt to break down the meat and it will make them tender.
- Heat your skillet over medium heat with butter, cut garlic, and olive oil
- Rinse the salt off the steaks and pat dry
- Add salt, pepper, and onion powder to the steaks
- Cook steaks to desired temp (rare, medium, etc.). Very important use a spoon to drench your steaks with the butter and olive oil that is in the skillet. This will keep them moist and tender.
- Pull them off the skillet and let them sit for about 5 minutes and serve.
Note: The photo shows a side salad with homemade vinaigrette dressing.
[…] Breakfast Casserole — Hungry Pandas […]